Storyboard thumbnails don't appear

jpcummins

I have to agree with miogpsrocks (earlier thread), a statement such as  "A free version of VideoPad is available for non-commercial use only" is misleading.  I have updated VideoPad Free edition at least a couple of times and have never noticed a difference in the export feature.  For no more often than I use the software I would have chosen not to update had I of known it was a trial release instead of the free version update as in the past.  With that said it is free software provided by NCH and their policy is indeed generous.

I am very inexperienced and videos I create consist of images and an audio.  I recently created a video consisting of 64 images with an audio file.  Everything seemed to work as I wanted, so I saved the project.  The next day when I opened the project and viewed it in the Storyboard only a few of the images populated in the Storyboard.  Clicking in the individual spaces where the images should be resulted in the image appearing.  The audio file appeared as it should when I viewed it in the Timeline.  I could watch the video in the Preview Frame even though the images were not in the Storyboard.  I imagine I need to do something simple to fix this I just don't know what.

As always I appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John   

Preview has two functions.  Clip preview displays clips in the bin (top-left).   Sequence preview shows what's on the timeline.  Both can be displayed at once, using dual preview.  Click OPTIONS | GENERAL and tic that box.

In sequence preview there are aspect ratio choices that will MATCH CONTENT, MATCH MONITOR, and others.  https://content.invisioncic.com/r33241/monthly_2020_10/image.png.b8bbb8d92b8a8fb9da8738148bfa1bbd.png

The timeline has two modes.  Storybook shows only the VIDEO clips on track one.  It's useful for spotting gaps.  Timeline mode displays all tracks, audio and video.

The VP version # is shown at the left-bottom of the screen, and when Videopad launches.  Older versions are here.  But full backward compatibility isn't guaranteed.

Don't know why the thumbs aren't appearing in Storybook mode, but if you share your project someone here will be glad to take a look.  This is easy, takes little time and can be private.  Simply follow these four steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

jpcummins wrote:  Borate, I appreciate your willingness to help me and I apologize for all the trouble I have caused you.  But like I have said I can live with the thumbs not appearing automatically in Storybook mode, so I am good.  But, I won't be purchasing a license for software that doesn't seem to be working as it should, at least to me.  To be honest I can live with a slide show software as long as it exports in a video file.  

The missing thumbnail behavior has been replicated here...and reported.   Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...