Can you stop cache clearing on exit?

I think my Videopad is clearing cache files on exit, partly because the disc gets very busy when I exit VP and exit takes many many seconds, partly I can Properties the cache folder and its less full than it was, and partly because reloading VP and the current project takes many minutes of activity before editing can be resumed.

Found the Clear cache manually button, but cannot find any boxes to stop cache clearing on exit.

Thoughts???

Clearing on exit used to be an option, but no longer.  Manually, it can be done via OPTIONS menu | DISK tab.

It's wise to clear it prior to starting a new project.  Use the latest version, if possible.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi

Cache doesn't normally clear when you exit VP.  Old versions used to allow you that option.

You can easily check out what is happening. Just move the cache file to the desktop where you can easily find it (under Options/disk) and then physically open it and examine the contents after exiting VP. If there are files there the program is not deleting them.

It's a good idea however,  NOT TO CLEAR ANY CACHE FILES until you have finished all work on a project. If you do and then later return to the project to continue work by clicking your saved vpj file, the program has to waste time refilling the cache. With a big project this can take some time. If the cache still retains the clips it loads from the vpj file much much faster.

It's OK to clear the cache when you start a NEW project (having finished the first) as too many files can also slow things down. Obviously if you are working on several projects intermittently don't empty the cache at all.

Nat