Cannot Add New Files to VideoPad

Jen1753

I've made a video no problems. Then, about a month ago, I became unable to add new files. You click 'new file' and normally the window pops open to pick files from your computer. That doesn't happen anymore. Right click to add files, that doesn't work either. I also can't even edit the video project file I already made. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled cleanly, with help from a professional, and it's registered too. 

I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and can help me, cause the people at NCH are zero help.

If you saved your video, which you should routinely as SAVE PROJECT FILE AS, giving it a unique # or name, there should be a VPJ control file (not playable) that's normally in the same folder as the project source files.  Double-click it to load the project.

Once it's on the timeline in full, please follow the four steps below to share it, so someone can take a look.  This is easy, takes little time and can be private...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder - not the export file or only the VPJ.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Six missing files.  Please upload them...

Bloody Mary

Asylum

Shadows - Danny's Inn

Hell house - Wyeth's Western Inn

Dead Man's Blood

Salvation

And there appears to be no sequence on the timeline.  Before creating the back-up folder please make certain the complete project that you already made is fully loaded and plays in Videopad, despite the fact that new files cannot be added nor can it be edited.

Reboot the PC.  Use this free tool for another VP install.  Include all registry entries that it finds.

When you say that you "cannot edit the file that you already made", do you mean that your completed project won't load into Videopad?

If it loads, then create the back-up folder.

(f not, please zip ALL files in the source folder that you used for the project and upload the zipped folder.

Humm...  that's a mystery.  Ten video files and one audio file load to the bin, but there is nothing on the timeline but for a bookmark or two, as if no edits have been made.

However, files can be added and edited from the content you supplied.

Try the uninstaller listed above.

Upload the missing files and link them here, if possible.

Install this VP version.

Still didn't help, I installed your older version and it still doesn't work. I've pretty much given up on this program which sucks cause it was the best one I'd found. Doesn't matter what I do, nothing makes the program work. I click the buttons and nothing happens so I'm just done with it.

That's a shame.  The project looked interesting.  Yours is the first report of that issue, which hints that's it's confined to your PC.  If possible, test the program on another machine.

Just retested your 13 files.  Caching all took about ten minutes.  Though lengthy, they are low resolution and should be no problem.  Additional files could be added.

Video editing is resource intensive.  An I5 processor (or AMD equivalent), 8GB RAM, a mid-grade video card and ample free disk space on C:\ are advised - especially for high-def or big files.  If C:\ space is limited, direct the cache files to another drive with more capacity, if available.  OPTIONS | DISK tab.

You initially mentioned that you could not load "the video project file I already made."  If you saved that project, as is prompted when exiting VP, please upload the folder that contains all its source files and the VPJ control file.  Add the six missing files + the VPJ to those already uploaded.

Similar to what you did before, zip those files and upload them to a free server like Google Drive.  Make them public (shareable) and copy the link.  Post it here.  For Google, be sure to change 'restricted' to 'anyone can view.'  Someone will be glad to help you.

If all is in vain, you may be able to get a refund...   https://www.nch.com.au/general/refund.html

image.png