Can no longer add video files

jimrich

Please help!  I've made many good VP videos but, tonight, something went wrong and VP interrupted my work to tell me an error had occurred, gave me a "setup.exe" link which I opened, that apparently installed "something" and now, VP will not open any of my video files.  Also, just as I was working on a project, all the audio in it was present BUT none of the video clips were present!   I've tried closing and then reopening the program but it still will not select any of the video files.  Something happened while working on a project and now the VP program is no longer working correctly.  I opened and installed the link "setup.exe" that VP sent me and then I opened a previously finished video project and can see and hear all of it but NO video clips are showing anywhere on the screen!  Thank you for any help in this matter,  Jim.

Strange.  Reboot.  Then install the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If you saved the project, clicking on the VPJ control file should restore it - as long as the source files have not been deleted or moved.  The VPJ is normally found in the same folder as the source files, but you can do a PC search for it.

Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).

• borate changed the title to Can no longer add video files