Title Cards Appearing in the Two Assigned Positions, But Appearing at the Start of the Video

Dalmatprod

After loading my videos onto the VP editor, I created two Texts cards, as I always do. However, for these two videos, I placed the Title Card for the program between a special video I recorded and the video file of the podcast, followed by a single "CREDITS" card.  I used the vertical red marker to move over both areas and the cards were fine.

When I then hit the "HOME" button and hit the "PLAY" arrow, the video displays both cards at the very start of the video!

How do I remove them from the start, but keep each one in its assigned position?

Thank you!

Dalmatprod

Tough to visualize what's going on, but it obviously isn't right.  What version of Videopad is being used?

As you describe it, the single-track timeline should look something like this.  Video - title text - video - credit text.  Is that what you see?

image.png

Take a few minutes to upload your project so someone can take a look.  This is easy and can be private.  Just follow these four steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Nope.  Here's what's missing - though they all appear to be the same file.  If it's indeed 1:16:18 it may take hours to upload.  Be sure that there's available free space on the Google Driver server.  Your allocation there is shared by ALL Google Services, including mail.

Does the image in my earlier post resemble the timeline layout in your project?

Zoom.jpg

If they match, then there's no reason the titles should be playing at the head of the timeline.

Before you go to the trouble of uploadiing, SAVE PROJECT FILE AS, giving it a unique # or name so as not to overwrite prior saves.

Then close VP and relaunch it.  Before loading anything, click the OPTIONS menu | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

Now, reload your project by clicking the VPJ file.