"SoundTap could not connect to the virtual audio device. Please restart SoundTap to try again."

Surroundguy

Hi!

I'm using the trial version of Soundtap v6.21 and have never been able to get past the message "SoundTap could not connect to the virtual audio device. Please restart SoundTap to try again." I'm hesitant to purchases SoundTap until I can get the trial working. I only have a couple of days left.

My configuration is:

• MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running macOS Catalina v10.15.7
  • 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  • 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I owned an earlier version of SoundTap and used to see this message occasionally but don't remember how I fixed the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I won't purchase until I know it will run.

Thanks!

Hello again.

I decided to try and register SoundTap with an old registration number and was taken to the "Upgrade" page to get a new registration number thinking that if I registered the program, the problems in my first post would go away. They did not. So now I have a Registered version of SoundTap that I can't use. I read through the Help guide and it says the SoundTap Driver should show up in the Sound section of my System Preferences as an Output. It does not. I also did not see a way to: "approve the loading of the SoundTap kernel extension in General pane of Security & Privacy Preferences". It's as if my Mac doesn't even know SoundTap is there. Please help!! Thanks!!

See first post for my System Config