Adding exposure effect shifts clip

Uberprutser

Using v8.84 here, adding an exposure effect to various clips does not alter their position in the timeline, so your finding could not be replicated.

Your video doesn't show the clip being shifted into the future, but only that a .25 exposure effect has been applied to clip 2 after you initially applied a -0.15 exposure to clip 1.

To add an effect to multiple clips, select the clips then click any one of their FX icons.  Configure the effect, then click the "replace effect chain" button.  image.png  on the effect window toolbar.

• borate changed the title to Adding exposure effect shifts clip

Hi

I haven't seen this fault before!

But I think I can see what you mean.......The clip remains in the same position on the timeline but the contents appear shifted  so the clip jumps  in time (or so it seems, but not sure if it is forwards or backwards) .

If the clip actually jumps forwards in time then it must finish physically in a different place on the timeline. Your video doesn't show the right hand end of the clip so it's not possible to see this. Jumping the other way i.e. towards the start of the clip might be more logical if you have trimmed the the start of the clip and it might be shifting in that direction. That doesn't seem to be the case. I can't deny it seems to be doing something.:blink:

However, I can't reproduce this effect in VP 8.84 using a similar set up as your example.  I cant get it to slip either forward or backward when I add an Exposure effect. To check for any movement I have set the red cursor to a particular point in the clip (Where white boat is just passing the blue boat) so it appears in the Clip Preview window but both before and after the effect is added this position remains the same.

• BEFORE
  • aa.jpg

• AFTER
  • bb.jpg

It's a bit odd as I am using the same version as yourself. (8.84)

I can't think of a remedy at the moment. Zoom into the timeline and check that it's not just a thumbnail display appearence.

Nat