Can't get video saved right side up

jvp

The video file from my iphone appears sideways.  I can rotate the clips so that they show right side up in the sequence.  But when I export the video, it produces a file that plays sideways.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

What version of VP is being used?

Share your file and someone will come up with a fix.  It's quick, easy and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thanks for the offer to fix my file.   I will try to do as you suggested, but I'm not a big cloud user (privacy concerns), so I don't have much experience with the techniques you mentioned.

I will try the upload, but what I'd like to know is what I am doing wrong in the Video Pad program.

Thanks again for your offer of assistance!

jvp

Without seeing the project it's tough to say what settings need to be changed.  Servers like MS OneDrive and Google Drive are free.  If you already have an account from either one of those providers, just sign in with your existing ID and PW and follow the steps above.

http://onedrive.com

https://www.google.com/intl/en_in/drive/

Someone will be glad to take a look.  What version of VP is being used?

Hi

Just upload a short 5-10 second clip taken in the same way as the clips in your project and which show the same behaviour when you try to export it with VP..  That way you won't be bothered with privacy worries.  e.g. Some flowers in your garden. In this instance people can check out settings that will produce the correct orientation on export.

Nat