VP not exporting correctly

DIYMan

Exported File

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LSaibp9wYFr2cfazw6jvRO0wO3lnjf7X?usp=sharing

VP Backup file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WDSeLPIoppeOAO5pRGfe6oxO3XiOs33T/view?usp=sharing

Hi all

I am using VP version 8.63 and windows 10. I am unable to use later versions of VP as they do not export imported FX clips correctly. MY drivers are up to date as are  all Microsoft updates.

When I export the project it does not export the whole file and some of the FX clips stop working.

It did export properly up to the point when I imported an audio file to play over the spinning earth at the start of the project.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards Dave

Please upload and share the project, in the usual manner.

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi Dave

Your original VP Show and Tell  clip (with car alarm turned down) played OK. Did you export it as a standalone clip? If you did It would seem that all you need to do is simply add it to your title section.

Certainly your full file has a problem after the title section. With regards the title section I feel it needs to be twice as long (at least) i.e. slower to give the viewer time to read the scrolling text. What I did that you could try...

• Load full file to VP and split off and delete the section after the title
  • Un-link the sound track and save as a separate file.
  • Change the speed of the title on track 1 to 50%
  • Play the audio to a point where the melody repeats (around 10.9 seconds in)
  • Split the audio track and delete the section to the right.
  • Fade the last 2 seconds of the audio
  • Add the audio copy to audio track 2 and line it up (around 8.3 secs in)
  • Now cut all tracks at 19.1 seconds.
  • Add the Show and Tell clip (with car alarm turned down) to end of timeline.

aa.jpg

This works but even at around 50% the titles are still a bit fast. Certain things might be added like fade ins and crossfades after the title. Have you thought of the Space title?

Nat

Hi @Nationalsolo

I answer to your first question "export it as a standalone clip?" I exported the whole VP project. I do this because as the project grew my PC is unable to keep up with the software, so as a work around I export the project to see how my edits are going. It's slow but it works. For my next project I will work with smaller files and then arrange them together at the end.

Regards Dave