Jumpy Pan and Zoom effect

Thomas19

I am new in videopad.  Tried to add pan and zoom effect in the video (slide show) and found it very jumpy.  Tried to increase the length of the slide with no help.  I use Imovie in my Iphone and its Ken Burns is very smooth.  Did I miss anything in the setting?

Any advice?  thanks.

It's smooth here in the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Was it jumpy in the preview window during editing or on the export? 

What is the resolution of the source file.  Can you upload the file to a free server, get a shareable link and post that here so others can take a look? 

What version of VP is being used?

What are the specs for your PC?

Hi

Pan and Zoom effects work best if the slide has a longish duration. In general set images to last for greater than 10 seconds and the effect will be a lot smoother.  Image pans and zooms look quite smooth here with image durations around 14 - 15 seconds. Drag the ends of each clip out along the timeline, or right click on each one and change the Duration and see what happens. If the preview actually keeps stopping and starting it may be due to very large image files. Even so,you will probably find the export looks OK. Try just a few images and see what the result is.

Nat

Thanks, friends.

I use my iphone X to take photos and videos and imovie to edit.  It's very basic so I think I may try to use a better app on my laptop.  it's an HP intel i5 machine in Windows 7, not fast of course.  The VP version  is 8.45.  Surely there will be a lot to learn.

Understand longer image will have smoother transition.  https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4a0c3ac7b648194de157f4f76b64219720200923124502/ab1fcb are the two test videos I made, one by imovie and one by VP.  Size of Imovie.mov is smaller than NCH.mov but apparently smoother.  That may be size of video different.  I changed settings in VP with higher fps and resolution and the output file is 5-8 time large in size and took ages to compile (maybe my laptop is slow).

Anyway thanks for your feedback.

Thomas

Hi

Using VP 8.77

The imovie,mov gave a smooth playback with VLC. When loaded to VP the Clip Preview (played from the bin) was just as smooth even when the window was undocked. However, when played from the timeline in Sequence Preview there were continual "building preview" messages with consequent interuptions. I have to put this down to the format being .mov as mp4s and avis normally play smoothly in Sequence preview especially when the size is only 568 x 320 as yors is.

The NCH.mov gave a very slightly jerky pan and zoom in VLC so this definitely seems inherent in the export you posted, so not as smooth as the imovie.mov as you rightly noted.  In VP the NCH.mov previewed from the bin like in VLC...a very slight jerky pan and zoom. In sequence preview from the timeline it previewed without the building messages and played in an identical fashion to Clip Preview and VLC even though is was a larger format 1280 x 720. So the NCH export gave consistent results both in VLC;Clip Preview and Sequence Preview....but was very slightly jerky.....Perhaps due possibly to image clip duration being a little short at around 3.5 seconds to mis dissolve????

It would be interesting to repeat the VP Pan and Zoom with the two original images and see if it could be made smoother. (The imovie.mov seems quite OK here even though image clip duration is the same) As Borate suggests post the two images and we can have a look.

Nat