Number Of Processes Allowed with Image Stabilization

Russ Croucher

I'm having a problem on one of my fast computers with the image stabilization process of VideoPad crashing after about 4 video files for my business (Central Virginia Video.com).

I have determined that is the number of processes that the computer uses for image stabilization. I have 2 computers exactly the same except hyperthreading was turned on on one of them and not the other. It has a 6 core XEON where one computer said 6 processes and the other one said 12. So on the 2nd computer the image stabilization would crash after about 4 files. So I'm trying to determine the total number of processes allowed before the stabilization crashes. I thought it was a dual processor situation since I have one computer with 2 CPUs totaling 16 processors. I know to keep away from the image stabilization but that computer. So apparently it does not have anything to do with dual CPUs but with number of processes. What is the number?

I thought this was a number of processor processes with image stabilization but now I realize it is not.  I'm having a problem on one of my fast computers with the image stabilization process of VideoPad crashing after about 4 video files.  I have exactly 2 computer workstations with the same configuration here it is:

They both have a PCI based SSD that produce about 1.3 GB/s transfer rate, 32 GB of RAM, 3.5 GHz XEON, and 512 GB C Drive SSD SATA..  The only exception is one of them has 1 TB SSD and the other one is only 512 GB.  I am migrating to the 1 TB PCI SSD size.  So I have configured VideoPad put all its temporary files on this fast SSD.  I also have it store the temporary image stabilization files on the same SSD.

So this new workstation receives all the customers files and I load up VideoPad and start the image stabilize on the all the files as a group (ctrl-A).  From prior testing I know this will take one hour per video hour to stabilize all files.  Then once the image stabilization is completed, I steal all the image stabilize files in the temporary directory.

However, now for my problem.  My 2nd new workstation which receives these files from the same customer crashes after about 4 image stabilizations.  I know this because I have 3 completed image stabilization temporary files.  So somewhere in the 4th stabilization it crashes.  So I'm able to take 3 the the files and consider those completed.  I restart the image stabilization on that computer minus the 3 that I started and it works again and crashes after 4 files.  It has done this many times.  So I'm trying to figure out what is different between these 2 machines.

I originally thought it was a number of processes because I did determine that hyperthreading was turned on on the 2nd computer I turned it off and the problem still occurs.  So I have a project that has exactly 4 files 640x480 that I want to image stabilize and it crashes on the last file (visuals studio crash).  Sometimes it has crashed with plug-in crashing.  But this particular project crashes with the Visual Studio issue.  So I took this exact same project (with the 4 data MP4 files) and put them on the first workstation and it works to completion without crashing.  Both computers are using VideoPad version 8.55 because that was the last version that use filenames as the project name.  It sounds like a memory issue but I don't know.  Every time I restarted it seems to work a little farther