PHOTOPAD waiting for image to finish rendering

mttroublemaker

When I save no matter what option on choose it takes hours and hours for it to try and save then comes back with an error and will not save.  The first photo I saved was fast.  Now its this.  I do have layers but only 2.  What can I do to resolve this?  I just purchased this last night and needless to say I am not impressed at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

you may have moved on from photopad by now... but here goes.... 

i am also new to photopad and the same thing happened to me.  i editted an image and "rendering" went on forever.  i terminated photopad in the task manager and restarted.  yes, my editting of that image was lost, but as i said, i'm learning.  i think i just overloaded my processing of that image with layers and layers of modifications.

as i gained experience i work in a more thoughtful and knowledgeable process, and am really glad i stuck with photopad.   it is great - and just what i need.... very powerful.  i'm happy to avoid the large learning curves of PS, LR, RT, and others.   good luck.

• 1 month later...

I have used and enjoyed PhotoPad for several years.  Suddenly, with the latest upgrade, saving anything takes much too long.  If I can, I'm going to revert to an older version, if I can find my backup.  This new problem is enough for me to quit using PhotoPad and find another program.

• 9 months later...
On 11/22/2020 at 5:53 PM, KansasAndy said:

I have used and enjoyed PhotoPad for several years.  Suddenly, with the latest upgrade, saving anything takes much too long.  If I can, I'm going to revert to an older version, if I can find my backup.  This new problem is enough for me to quit using PhotoPad and find another program.

I'm NEW to the program, but I too am having the issue of it taking forever (& it's NOT my hardware) so Andy, I'm wondering if they got this resolved for you??

If the issue you are having is also while saving you might want to try and reinstall the program, if that does not work you can also try deleting temporary files in your computer and hopefully that will help. You might also want to contact NCH Tech Support if none of the above helps. You can reach out to them here:

https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html