Connect and query database from IVM

Guest R-Willson

• 2 weeks later...
I want to read database (like MS Access) from IVM.

Does anyone have working examples how to do this?

Thank you for you help.

I've seen no working examples here (especially geared to the programatically challenged)! Even though I do some vba programming in Access

That is my goal for my ultimate IVR system.

When I ever figure it out, I'll definitely let you know.

Guest CRCollins

I haven't tried it with the query plugin because frankly there's more logic to what I want to do. What if the query has no result? etc.

I use the ineturl plugin to point to an asp script that runs queries and generates responses for ivm to use. Works fine.

Guest chinoy

The sql plugin does have limitations, It will not accept long sql statements, therefore you have to break the statement into several, while passing the previously received variable to the next and so on.

Depending on what database you use (I use Foxpro), you can query the database for the number of rows for the result. For example I use "select count (*) from..." If the record exists, it displays "1", else it gives "0" I use that to go to the appropriate OGM.

This is very useful, because many times the caller will enter an invalid number, I use the "count (*) function to check for that, and redirect them to the OGM that prompts them to re-enter their data.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...
Guest The_prime ezen_junior at yahoo d

I can't use ineturl...

I can't manage to receive a simple tel variable in return... I made like it said on the RTF that come along...

PLEASSSEEE HELP!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest magnotronix
I can't use ineturl...

I can't manage to receive a simple tel variable in return... I made like it said on the RTF that come along...

PLEASSSEEE HELP!!!

I was able to develop plug-ins for the IVM. A very simple project to test IVM out. I created a plugin that will tell me what state the caller id is. Since I was able to make it work, I am now thinking of gazzilion ways to add-on to the IVM.

If you have specific projects or idea, maybe I can help you out!

Yes. I have a database of companies that I want to call. With two fields, telephone number and name, can I have IVM play a custom message unique to each company that I call? That is, can I make messages such as, "Hi ABC company, I am just calling to..." with ABC company being the variable.

Thanks.

• 11 months later...