Sequence preview DOES NOT match final Export video

elleinad

I've tried everything mentioned in the previous threads to try to get this to work yet I'm having the same issue in 2020 :(

Ive matched all content, used low res., high res, uninstalled/reinstalled, etc. (the other tips mentioned in prior years) However I am not able to use an older model, it was not a category when re-installing it. I do not want to have to remove some of the effects & transitions in my project.

Please help! 

Thank you in advance

What version of VP created the project?  It's best to use that, or a closely related release, to export it.  Older versions are available.  Tried exporting with the latest?

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

What are the export settings?

What doesn't match, specifically?

Share the project and someone here will be glad to check it out.  This is easy, takes little time and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Thank you so much for your quick response! :)

*Version 8.77

*Export settings are:
-Present: Custom
-File format (mp4/flv/avi) tried all 3
-Resolution:  Auto Match content (1600 x 900)
Wide-screen Fit: letterbox
-FrameRate: Variable (smart max 45 fps)
-Subtitle: Overlay
Estimated File size: 747.71 MB

*At around 40 seconds all until the end, that's when the issue occurs (the words, transitions, & images do not appear &/or they're out of frame)
The mp3/sound is good, it's just the animations, words & images
***here's a video comparison that's shows some of the issues

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b2B-nnQSrRxHfxzTDjYCCnJx99AFxfvL/view?usp=drivesdk

(sorry for the background noise, it's my brother)

Here's the Folder
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1zz1sSceG0r0xtBFRBI2EU3imG8znQ8K7

Thank you so much in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Having same issue. When Im working on my project it previews as normal, but then when I actually finish the project from start to finish (in this case the video is less than 2 min), it will no longer preview correctly. OK, annoying, but w/e, I've been staring at this for hours I can trust to export as is. Once I export there are problems everywhere! They don't exist on the previewed version either (when I can get it to work). Namely, the issue is that I have positioned then cropped my clips so they fits to the same size (as some are larger than others in the original version), and it looks fine, but in the exported version, that doesn't work, and some show up higher than others, transitions don't work as they should either, and it's all messy. tried exporting in different ways (as Youtube video and mp4, in 2K), but nothing. Unsure what to do?? 

Will say that the exported video has great quality.

Also: using version 8.91 and yes Ive uninstalled and reinstalled 

Tough to diagnose without seeing things as you do.

Take a few minutes to share the project and someone here will look into the issues.  They are usually easily solved.  Your upload can be private if desired.  Just follow these four steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder - not the export file or only the VPJ.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Sequence preview DOES NOT match final Export video

We are having similar issues to those described in this thread.

We made a short 35s video out of a dozen stills. There are around 12 video tracks (corresponding to the stills) with some simple animations/transformations, and an audio track. When we preview, it plays how we want it to play. However, when we export to MP4 most of the video tracks are missing (the sound seems to be ok).

Any insights would be appreciated.

Missing audio can result from several reasons.  What version of VP is being used?  Install this oneFor licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If the issue persists, please share your project.  It's easy, takes little time and can be private.  It's the best way for others to help you.  Just follow these simple steps...

2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder. No need to upload the export or VPJ files.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:14 AM, borate said:

Missing audio can result from several reasons. 

I'm sorry if my post wasn't clear enough - the audio was fine. Some of the video tracks were missing. We had one audio track and a number of video tracks for each of the stills so that we could manipulate them individually. When we rendered the sequence to an MP4 the audio track was present but most of the video tracks were missing.

What version of VP is being used?  Install this one

We are using 8.82 (licensed version). The version that you linked to is 8.45. When I tried 8.45 on a different machine (unlicensed) it still wasn't perfect (some issues with aspect ratio/scaling) but it worked a lot better. But then I ran out of free exports...

I upgraded the original (licensed) machine to the latest Windows version (8.91), and it seemed to fix all of these problems - I now have successfully exported an MP4 of our sequence that aligns with what I see in preview.

Thanks for your help, @borate!

Glad it worked out.  8.91 has a few issues.  Be on the lookout in the next few weeks for an update, but do not install beta 8.92.

When issues like those you describe surface, especially with very high-res or lengthy projects, exporting at a lower resolution may help.

Export from unlicensed versions often succeeds with the AVI format.