Mp4 export has no audio

ANTARA

borate wrote: 

You may have already done this, but close VP and on the PC locate these file folders. 

• C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\

Delete everything in them.  Then reinstall Videopad.

I have removed the components, reinstalled but still the MP4 has no sound.

It's the MP4 that I have exported via VIDEOPAD.  What should i do?

What version of VP is being used?  Update to the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

What are your export settings?

If the update doesn't solve the missing audio issue, share your project so others can see what you see.  It's not difficult, takes but a few minutes and can be private.  Follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

• borate changed the title to Mp4 export has no audio

Hi

Just check this....

Open the cache folder and delete the whole contents. Including the sound cache folder which you will also find there. leave the cache folder totally empty.

Open VP and load your mp4 clip to the timeline. There should be a waveform visible on the audio track but wait until the clip has cached fully. If you don't see a waveform try to preview the clip. if it is still caching the you should see a message relating to this in a yellow bar beneath the timeline.

If the mp4 previews OK but with no sound and no warning and you know that there should be attached audio and the audio track is still black then open the VideoPad cache and check that the VideoPadSoundCache  folder inside it has some files in it.

With a single sound clip on the timeline the cache should look like this...

aa.jpg

and the contents of the VideoPadSoundCache folder (shown selected above) should look like this...

bb.jpg

If this folder is empty (of which one instance I have noted with VP 8.77) then something is not right. It would be interesting to see what you find.

Nat