Videopad Won't Let Me Export

Jynxx

I've been trying to export a video I created for a class project (13 minutes and 36 seconds) and no matter what I do it won't export. I tried Youtube, I tried different files, nothing works. Whenever I try to export it as a video file, it downloads it in 2 seconds and only gives me a black screen and the first second of the video. I don't know what to do. Help?

Install this version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Of course, first Save Project File AS routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I today installed the latest VideoPad verion 8.77 and registered it. However, when I try to export, it just works for some formats -mpg, wmv, but not for youtube, mpg4, avi - in that case export immediately terminates and shows "Could not initialize video output. Delete the component." Is there a way to overcome this issue. Please, help...

I uninstalled VideoPad version 8.77 using Revo Uninstaller and removed all components left from previous version. Then I installed the version 8.63 which you provided, registered it online with my code successfully. The version 8.63 still does not allow me to export to avi, mpg4, mkv and mov, and also it can not initialize when I try various formats of export to YouTube.

Please share your project so others can test it.  This is a easy process, takes little time and can be private.  Follow these four steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Locate the saved, numbered folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export file or only the VPJ.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link..."  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

No export problem with v8.77 here - AVI, mp4, or MKV.

However, there were several issues...

1.  The text to speech WAV file has an echo.

2.  The 00007.MTS file 'rings' when exported (distorted audio).  This is a reported bug.  Sync was slightly off.

To fix it...

1.  The WAV file was rerecorded and substituted for the original.

2.  The MTS file was exported alone as an AVI with Mp3 audio, then the MTS was replaced by that AVI, and sync was corrected.

See your Personal Message for the revised project.

If it doesn't export then there is something local to your PC that requires further research.  Just tested, and works fine here. Please report back.

A true mystery.  The project has exported here in seconds, in various formats, with both v8.63 and 8.77.  A YouTube upload also succeeded in < two minutes.

Yet you have done a full uninstall and tested those versions, and export fails.  This hints that it's not a VP, but a PC issue.

Two further suggestions...

Install this older version.  Ignore any virus warnings.

Try to load the project on another PC, if available.

See the Personal Message for the revised project.