Lost sound

GK McGregor

I have seen this thread elsewhere - but have limited skills. Please give me an easy fix - I am making simple videos, 5 min -7, max 15 meg. I do limited editing in Videopad (join up 2 or three shorter clips) - and file conversion to MP4. The sound plays in the original in Debut and Video pad. But as soon as I create a copy - or open in any other software - no sound plays. It's not volume or on/off - I have checked that much!!. Please advise.

Hello GK,  It is likely the issue you are getting is related to the encoder used to create the video.  When you are exporting the video files, next to the File format you may want to click on Default quality/File size, change the video compressor to MPEG4 and then click on OK to save the changes and on Create to export the video.

Once that is done, you may test the videos again and make sure to use different media players to test the videos.

Hello, I have a similar issue.  The video with audio will play only inside of the VideoPad player.  Audio and Video play fine from Videopad.  Other players only play the video.  I have followed the instruction given to Chris75 and have checked the output levels, speakers.