Problem exporting videos

LeBob

Hello,

I have been using videopad for a while now, making most of my projects with videos shot from my iphone 7 in .mov format and my google pixel 3a in mp4 format. On my last project, I included some shots with my 4K action camera (akaso) that are in .mov format. Also, another new thing I tried was to stabilize my source videos. Actually, I stabilized them once I was done editing to try to make it better. I can play my video just fine in videopad and everything looks good, effect, subtitles, etc. However, for some reason I ignore, when I try to export to .mp4 format, or even .mov, it load from 0 to 100% in a blink and the resulted video is only a black screen with half a second of music.

I tried many things but I don't know what to do. I worked really hard on this project and it took me a long time so I don't wanna have to restart all over again. Any idea what the problem might be and how I can solve it?

Thank you!

Nothing should be lost.  Routinely Save Project File AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Using Save Project Files (no AS) will overwrite.  Then you can restore a project to the state it was in when saved.  Just double-click the VPJ file (which isn't playable).

Download and install this version and see if it solves the export issue.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Suggest that you stabilize source videos prior to editing, not globally by reloading the export as a clip.

Report results here.

• borate changed the title to Problem exporting videos (RESOLVED)

The subtitles don't appear in the exported version. I didn't chose the "Hide subtitles" option in the export window, I left it as "Overlay". I created the subtitles by clicking the "Subtitles" button, it says Sequence 1 (which is the default name of my file) so I guess it is the main. I don't see any HIDE button, but the subtitles do appear in the preview.

I just noticed that when I click the export button, after selecting the Preset, the subtitles options (Overlay and Hide subtitles) disappear. I don't know why, it used to not do that.

• borate changed the title to Problem exporting videos