Arranging audio tracks

MareeC

I am trying to create a video using videopad. The photos have uploaded beautifully, however I am trying to add two background songs to play during the video. Firstly the songs are playing in the wrong order and I am unsure how to swap them around. Also the first song starts okay, but plays for about 30 seconds then stops, the second song comes in much later in the video and again plays for a few seconds then stops. I would really appreciate any help people can give me, this video project is important to me and I want the finished product to be as perfect as possible.

Place each song on a separate audio track.  Each clip can then be dragged on the timeline, to begin/end where desired.  And the 'handles' (small rectangles) on the sides of each clip can be dragged to shorten the song.

If the two songs are in the same area of their respective tracks they will mix - both will be heard.

For example, here track one is heard shortly after the start of video.  Then track two comes in and both are mixed.  Track one ends and track two continues to video end.

image.png

• borate changed the title to Arranging audio tracks

Hi

If you are using one audio track and your audio clips are A and B and you want them in that order then place the red cursor at the start and then load audio A to the sequence at the cursor position. Step along the timeline  using the >II  button (or drag the cursor line) until you are at the end of audio A. Now add audio B to the cursor position. You will now have audio A  followed by audio B

If by some chance you got them in the wrong order (B A) then right click audio A on the timeline and delete it. Click the I<  button under the sequence preview pane to move the cursor to the startof the tracks and then select audio A again and place it on the sequence at the cursor position. Audio A will insert and push audio B along the right. You will then have the audio A followed by B.

If your video  moves along the timeline with audio B leaving a gap, click the gap and select Close the gap.

Nat