Exported video - part of audio muted on VLC but plays on Windows Media Player

Ancient Printer

34 minutes ago, borate said:

Linking is a function of the server, not VP.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYs3x74jHGw

You should never lose any work if Save Project File AS is used routinely, giving it a unique # or name, so as to not overwrite prior saves. 

Save Project Files (no AS) will  overwrite.  Then clicking on a saved VPJ file (not playable) will load the project just as it was when saved, provided no source files have been moved or deleted.

Manty thanks Borate. Yes I have known that for a while now - BUT - when I managed to wipe 12 of the 100 or so images, I was unaware of what I had done for some time and only an audit against the original material brought it to light so I decided to start afresh and use Project Save As repeatedly every few minutes! What I have learned with your help made the process far quicker. The audit takes time so that's why it wasn't done earlier. Do I understand correctly, that by posting a link to the project rather than the expoted video, anyone with VP can view the show. That would save a lot of time.

11 hours ago, borate said:

Post a link to the exported video (not the VPJ project) that you have uploaded to a server, and make it public.

If using Google Drive click Get a Shareable Link, click the "restricted" link and change that to Anyone Can View.  Then click DONE.

Hi Borate - this is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X6RXgAG2gZOoQAv-NLyYrKNgTRPXzLmw/view?usp=sharing  - definitely shareable for anyone.

In future do you prefer the project file or the final video when asking questions? 

Thanks for the You Tube link - I have viewed the one you posted one BUT it seems You Tube are constantly changing the layout as the various guidance videos show older layouts - none use the current layout. Their forum, unlike this one, shows almost every query locked for further comment. It was of little help.

For YouTube go to this page, click HELP at the bottom of the column at the left and type "Create clickable link" at the right.  That's likely the latest.

Whether an export or project is most useful depends upon the circumstances.  Usually it's the project, which lets others see what you see in VP.

Many thanks Borate - having battled with this for the last 24 hours, it seems that You Tube have changed their inface from "Create---" to "Studio----". I've yet to see a guidance video reflecting the new inteface but will continue to search. I've learned quite a lot in that time. I know about adding hypalinks to documents in general but it appears, so far as I can ascertain, that a complete beginner isn't allowed to add any links. One has to have had a substantial number of views already to be allowed to do that (be a "Partner". If I'm wrong, I'm sure you will let me know. 

A number of questions:

1. On exporting video amd playing it in VLC, I find that the image is reduced in size (black frame around). This seems to have to do with the many options on the export menu. Which ones affect the display on VLC? Same happens in Sequence view in VP when video is brought into a project.

2. Does it matter if the parameters on several exports were different and they are later combined in to a project and then exported as one video?

3. Is You tube fussy about the file type, aspect ratio etc?

4. I find that VP is eating CPU and task manager frequently shows CPU at 100% -VP is also freezing to the extent i can't work. I have cleared cache in VP. Since this has not affected me up till now - any suggestings?

What's seen in VP preview depends upon the aspect ratio of the source, which can be changed via various effects.  Use MATCH MONITOR for the sequence to see a good representation of what the export will look like.

Different export resolutions will produce differing results.  Auto-Match is a suggestion based on source files, but you can choose.  Usually the best quality will be obtained by closely matching export to the highest resolution of the source files.

Don't use VLC here, but it should have view settings that may eliminate the borders, or perhaps the window size can be dragged smaller.

If parameters vary on a number of previously exported files, they likely will appear as they were exported when reloaded, so there could be a mix of A/R on the final export.  Experiment.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

If you have allowed the project to fully cache (completed green line above the thumbnails) then it should respond well.  That said, video editing being resource intensive, the PC's hardware can make a considerable difference.  For complex editing a gaming-class machine is often recommended.

https://www.desktop-documentaries.com/computer-for-video-editing.html

Lengthy projects with high-res files and many effects that tend to hang on export may benefit from being produced and exported in segments, later to be merged for final export.

• borate changed the title to Exported video - part of audio muted on VLC but plays on Windows Media Player