Exported file missing video tracks

equalthree

Hi, I tried your free version and liked it. I then did a second video and it told me I had to register to use the software for the video I wanted to do and did that.

I read there were some issues with what I'm doing so installed the latest update (8.75) but this still hasn't fixed the issue. 

I'm trying to do a video that starts with one video, then the screen splits into 2 videos (side by side), then 3 videos (side by side) and then 4 videos (2x2) and then ends with a single picture.

Every time I export the file either one side of the 2 videos is blank or otherwise it's frozen. The same with the 3 and 4 videos only one works, sometimes 2 work and one blank or sometimes all 3 or 4 work but some squares are frozen or blank.

It works properly on the playback inside the software (so I must have pressed the right effects) but as soon as it's exported (in different formats) then the above happens. I have tried is 11 times today and it is beyond frustrating. 

Any help would be appreciated.

What are your export settings?  Does exporting at a lower resolution make a difference?

Please share your project.  Issues can usually be resolved quickly.  It's easy, takes little time and can be private.  Just follow these steps...

1.  With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Using the PC file manager, locate the saved folder and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*  (Don't upload the export or just the VPJ file.)
3.  Get a shared, public link. If using Google Drive click SHARE. Click the blue "Change to anyone with the link."  Then click on COPY LINK.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Hi borate

It doesn't matter if its in the lowest resolution or in the original format, it is still the same result.

I did start the project in free mode and then, when it wouldn't export at all, I purchased a licence. Would that have anything to do with it? Do I need to start the project again (I was hoping not as it took a few hours to do)?

I can do what you say later today or tonight.

No, you should not have to restart the project.  Always save routinely using Save Project File AS, so as to not overwrite prior saves.  Then you're protected, as long as you haven't moved or deleted the source files.  Double-clicking on the VPJ (non-playable) control file will restore the project to the state it was in when the file was written.

Share the project as instructed above.  Someone will check it out.  And this has nothing to do with licensing.

That may be sufficient for simple projects.  Yet at least 8GB (16 is better) RAM is recommended, along with mid- or high-end video.

A Windows box with an I5 (I7 is better) or equivalent can make a world of difference.  Gaming class, in general.

• borate changed the title to Exported file missing video tracks (RESOLVED)

Thanks very much for looking at my video. At least I know I did it properly (albeit about 12 times) :(

There are no graphics updates on the Intel website for me.

What I don't like hearing is that the above is required when your website states the following system requirements which I have:

System Requirements
  • Works on Windows 10, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
  • Works on 64 bit Windows

I'm a bit peeved that it is not working as advertised on the tin for me.

It appears that you have programmed the project in an efficient way.

Loaded it into VP 8.72 on a Windows 10 8GB I3 laptop - a processor that wouldn't be recommended for video editing - and was pleasantly surprised.

Won't win any speed contests, yet start through export took less than 20 minutes.  There were no glitches at the 1080 AVI default settings.

This hints that there may be hardware issues?

It is a desktop computer and not a laptop, just to let you know. There may be hardware issues. It worked great when I did just one video track on my first attempt. Hopefully it can handle two videos for me as my next project was going to be a split screen with me on both videos. 

Exporting segments, then importing and merging them for final export can lesson the load - especially if a project is lengthy and has many effects.

Orchestrate as few tracks and sequences as possible...and perhaps budget for another 4GB of RAM.😉

• borate changed the title to Exported file missing video tracks