Problem Exporting Lossless Video.

dungeon

Hello Everybody

I recently purchased V8.68. I imported two video clips (.mov) each 20sec long.  I saved the project and when I try to export as lossless video the following message shows up

"A file in the sequence does not support lossless encoding. I have applied no transitions etc.  Can the problem file be identified?

I then tried to export it with just one of the 20 sec clips and it did so successfully.

I'm totally confused.  Any help will be very much appreciated.

Do your clips meet these requirements?

The following criteria must be met by the input/output videos for lossless export to be used:

• We currently support H.264 and MPEG4 encoder video sources.
  • The output format must match the input format.
  • Supported formats are .avi, .mkv, .mov, .mp4
  • The output and input must have the same dimensions, encoder profile, levels and extradata.
  • Visual effects are not supported. Any segments of your video that include visual effects will be re-encoded.
  • At least 10% of your sequence must meet the criteria for lossless editing. If less than 10% of the sequence meets the criteria, the entire sequence will be re-encoded during export.

Thank you Borate.

I'm a little out of my depth here.

My camera offers  video recording format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264.  / I import .Mov and export as .Mov

The dimensions of both clips are 1920x1080 24fps / Both 21secs long and no visual effects.

I have read this from NCH website

•    Auto Detect - This is the default setting. If the majority of your video does not need to be re-encoded, it will automatically be exported with the lossless setting. If the majority of your video needs to be re-encoded, lossless export will not be used.
•    Use Lossless Export - When this setting is selected, if your video meets the criteria for lossless editing below, lossless export will be used. Only portions of the video that need to be re-encoded will be re-encoded, the remainder will use lossless export.
•    Off (Re-encode Video) - When this setting is selected, your entire video file will be re-encoded. Lossless export will not be used.

My version does not offer these options.

Is there any further help you can provide please Borate?  It seems my clips do meet the requirements you outlined as far as I can make out?

Thank you for your support and I hope I am understanding things properly.

When exporting click the Default Quality/Filesize blue link and this should pop up...

image.png  Note the choices that appear when clicking in the Lossless Export field.

The program decides if lossless is possible.  Apparently one of your files does not meet the specs.  Share, and someone here will check.

Zip the files, then upload to a free server such as Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive.  Get a shared link and paste it here.  If using Google, click the 'Restricted' link and change it to Anyone Can Share.

They are black and white so unable to replicate the issue - could you explain what you mean please.  Why is the fact that the clips are Mono an issue?

Yes I am running a Mac. I understood  that Video Pad works with Windows and Mac.

If the videos cannot complete on a Mac it seems then that the software is of little use to me.

B&W was just an observation;  mono is irrelevant to export.

VP does work with both operating systems.  Use the latest version.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Since lossless was fine here the issue couldn't be replicated in Windows.  Both files exported is less than ten seconds.

If it still doesn't work for you on the latest Mac version please file a bug report.  https://tinyurl.com/r89tpcw

8 minutes ago, borate said:

They read them.  If you re-encode quality loss should be negligible, but that's a subjective opinion.  Speed will be much slower, of course.

Re-encode meaning that I export files as non lossless? 

It seems I can get refund within 30 days.

One other thing and I should have asked this earlier. When you tested the files on Windows were you also able to check them on a Mac? 

If problems persist,  I wonder if NCH could allow me to download a windows version as my wife uses Windows 10 on her laptop.

I'll wait to hear back from them.

Thank you so much for your efforts to resolve the matter; I appreciate it.