Clip splitting - can't see markers

Rontil

Hi. I'm using version 8.45 and trying to trim a track in Clip Preview. The instructions in the manual show buttons for Start and End on the Control bar but they don't appear on my program. I also looked at the Video help for this and that shows "square brackets" which can be dragged from current start and finish to mark the clipping points but they don't appear either. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi

Check that you have your Clip Preview window at full width. (Note  that brackets are not shown underthe Sequence preview window.)

If you are using dual preview displays then the Clip Preview window will need to be pulled out to the right using the small vertical white bar between the displays. This will then reveal the  Set Start and Set End control brackets.

The brackets should be visible all the time if you have only a single preview showing

Nat

Hi Nat,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I've followed them correctly and the screen looked to me like the one borate included in his reply but still no buttons. I tried to add a screenshot of what I'm seeing to my reply, in hopes that would help but couldn't see how to do it. Perhaps you could clue me up on that.

Ron

Odd.  It should work just like this.

Looking more closely, your image shows no SET buttons or brackets, and there are missing buttons to the right of ADD, so this isn't a dock/undock issue.

Install the latest version and see if that solves it.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi,

Sadly no change.

I first uninstalled the previous version, 8.45 and then installed the latest, 8.67

Restarted PC, Windows 10, with latest updates

Started VideoPad and loaded same project, display was just as before

I had previously been using dual screens but switched to just the main one for all the above

Perplexing! I'm wondering if I  should run a free version of VP with the same source data on my Android tablet to see what happens then

Ron

I'll have a go with android in the morning, fingers crossed that will show something. Let you know of course.  Maybe try 8.72, if you can tell me how to find it, though I will be surprised if it makes any difference.

Hi

Yes..That seems odd. Your image  does show the Clip preview window at full width and the Start/End buttons and brackets are not showing..

This is the equivalent image for VP 8.71 .....

bb.jpg

...As you can see the brackets and buttons are present. 

One thought is that you are using an image (not a clip) that you have renamed Sequence 1(????) This will not show the brackets in clip preview but even this doesn't match your result so it's a bit odd. Try thelatest incarnation and see if things change.

Nat

Looked at Android free version but the display format seemed so different that I didn't follow up that one. The paid version looked more like it but I wouldn't use that seriously so decided not to invest in it.

Tried the beta version and , surprise, no different.

Just tried a fresh installation of 8.47 on a Windows deskktop PC, and loaded just the one image. Up to now have been on a Scan laptop. Sadly no change! Couldn't see how the OS would make a difference in any case.

Hi Rontil

".... 8.47 on a Windows deskktop PC, and loaded just the one image....."

As I mentioned above an image (jpg etc.) dropped into the bin and placed on the timeline and then previewed in Clip Preview will not show the Brackets and controls under the window.........e.g.......

aa.jpg

If a Video Clip is used however, then you should see the brackets and buttons......e.g....

bb.jpg

I have expanded the Clip Preview window in these examples to full width.

Have you checked this out with a Video Clip  (mp4 etc.)?  

Nat

BINGO!  Thank you so much for your vigilence and patience, at last I understand what I was doing wrong. I'm so relieved to have that resolved and I can get down to the real work.

I don't know of any other product where I would have had as good support as I got from you guys .I'm so pleased to have bought VideoPad but I'll try not to bother you again in the near future though it is great to know I can rely on help.

All the best.

Ron

• borate changed the title to Clip splitting - can't see markers