Bank Reconciliation Date Entered Wrongly

Barnsie23

Hi there, 

Some how I have entered the wrong date when last reconciling and I have  Rolled back to Previous, but it hasn't taken the date out! Now I am unable to reconcile the bank account until after 2/8/2020. 

Is there a way of fixing this please?

Thanks for your reply DannR

It's not the transaction, as much as it is the whole bank Reconcilation. Even when rolled back the whole reconcilation, when I go to do the next reconcilation it has kept the date from the rolled back reconcilation.

For example I did the bank rec for 30th June 2020 and accidently left the current date in of the 2nd August 2020 , then I realise my mistake roll it back, but last reconcilation date is stuck on 2nd August 2020 and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that 😞

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 5:07 PM, Barnsie23 said:

Thanks for your reply DannR

It's not the transaction, as much as it is the whole bank Reconcilation. Even when rolled back the whole reconcilation, when I go to do the next reconcilation it has kept the date from the rolled back reconcilation.

For example I did the bank rec for 30th June 2020 and accidently left the current date in of the 2nd August 2020 , then I realise my mistake roll it back, but last reconcilation date is stuck on 2nd August 2020 and there doesn't seem to be a way to change that 😞

I have sort of the same issue. was there a fix for this or some way to undo the previous date that is stuck. 

• 4 months later...

I found a way to make the "Last Reconciliation Date" what ever you want.

Warning this involves editing a couple files so please make a copy of all files before you edit /change anything. Or make a couple backups.

For Windows 10, goto to this folder:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\ExpressAccounts\Accounts

Finding the file you need to open / edit in Notepad or any text editor (ex. 1110.dat = is the default for "Checking Account" Reconciliation)

Number.dat (the "Number" is the assigned number to that particular account in your Charter of Accounts, so you can double check the number there if you are unsure)

Open the file and search for LastReconciledDate and change the date after the equal sign (LastReconciledDate=2021-03-11)

Just save the file.

2nd step you may have to edit if it still does not balance: (for Windows 10)

Go to this folder:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\ExpressAccounts\Reconcile

In that folder is a CSV file that holds all you Reconciled items. The CSV.bak is your "Rollback to Previous" file of your Reconciled items.

You can edit it will notepad or a spreadsheet program (Remember many a copy of the file before you edit it)

Each line has the Date followed by the corresponding Reference Number and the transaction amount.

Delete the rows you want to remove to redo in Reconcile to help balance, or deleted everything and you can Reconcile everything from the beginning.

Please backup or make copies of these files before you do any changes.

Hope this helps. Cheers.