Audio track vanished (RESOLVED)

Ray Mclaine ne

Please upload the sequence that has the issue.  Not the export, just the project folder.  Here's how...

1. Load the sequence onto the timeline.  Click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu, top-left.  Choose FILE | BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Specify a folder.  Click SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Using the PC file manager, go to where the numbered folder was saved and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public link that anyone can view.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

14 hours ago, Ray Mclaine ne said:

I have 5 sequences.  The 5th I planned to combine  the others sequences.  When I went to sequence 3 the audio track is missing, however the cut marks in the audio track are still there.

What should I do to find my audio track?

Thanks Borat, I went to my program looking for files and found a .JVP file  a few days ago and loaded it and it has my audio file.

I think the problem was when I ended my last sequence I changed the name of the jvp file. Then when I went back to my sequence 3 there was no audio.    I guess I just don’t understand you file system. 

Are you a user video editor or do you work for NCH software? 

User.   VPJ files tell the program where to find source files and what to do with them,  they are not playable.

Save Project Files AS routinely, giving them a unique # or name, so as not to overwrite earlier saves.  Using Save Project or Save Project Files will overwrite.

Then, just by double-clicking the VPJ, the project can be restored to the state it was in when the file was saved.  Do not delete or move source files.

image.png