Audio is desynced by a few seconds

Quinton Murdock

I have edited a few videos and upon review all three of them have an issue where at the start of the video audio plays half a second too early but by the end its almost 2-3 seconds until you see what you hear. The raw footage the videos were edited from has no problems. The videopad file versions of the same edited videos have no problems, but the .avi versions of the projects have the distracting sync issues that only get worse as the video goes on. 

Video pad says its in the latest version and I want to know how to fix this issue instead of just sending the files off for someone else to fix it

What version of Videopad is that?  Look at the left-bottom of the VP window.  Has any clip been speed changed?

Try an export using the mp4 container in lieu of AVI.  Sharing the project will help diagnose, not necessarily fix it.

Someone will be glad to check it out if you complete the easy 4-step process...

1. With your project on the timeline, click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu, top-left.  Click FILE | BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Specify a folder.  Click SELECT FOLDER.
2.  Using the PC file manager, go to where the numbered folder was saved and upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
3.  Get a shared, public, non-restricted link.
4.  Paste that link here, or click the folder, above top-right in this forum, and message it to me.  This is private and won't be shared.
*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

The AVI sync issue is being worked on.  Does fine as an mp4, but you have said that this format isn't available.  Only two things come to mind...

Purchase a license.

Uninstall the current VP version via Control Panel | Programs and Features.  Then download and install this version, as suggested earlier.  It may (for a time) allow mp4 export.  But in unlicensed tests of recent versions it has not.

thankyou for the help. Though if possible I hope we can find a fix because I am in no place to afford a license and I dont want the problem to come back with no solution

it will download as mp4 without desync but you cannot upload mp4 to youtube. Do you have recomendations for how to get the video as a un screwed up avi?

The link you provided is from your local PC and cannot be viewed here.  To include a link in the forum upload the file to a server, get a shareable link and post it here.

In the above image, note the blue "Default Quality/Filesize ' link.  That's what needs to be clicked to see what codec is being used, and others that are available.

If you're seeing a prompt of that nature, suggest contacting YT.   Various file converters are available on the Net, but you shouldn't need them.

Something is amiss.  There's no indication that YT charges for mp4 or any other format.  Mp4 has been uploaded successfully here without charge.

An article states:  "According to Youtube, the best video format is MP4 with H. 264 video codec and AAC audio codec. You get a high-quality video and a small file size."