SoundTap recording will not playback

PamelaAyres

After recording, I cannot rename  the file and I cannot play it. I have tried to get it to play from the find and play icon, the folder where it is saved. The only thing that has worked is to reboot the computer which is quite annoying.

Any help?

What folder are you using to save the recordings? Do you have permission to modify that folder? I would recommend you to select a different destination folder. Click Options (Preferences for Mac) > under Recordings sections > click the "..." button > find a different folder (Desktop, Docoments, Music, etc) > click Select Folder > OK to save the changes. In case you still have issues, you may want to reinstall the program. Before reinstalling the program, I recommend you to save your previous recordings to avoid losing your information during the process.

I have recorded a number of audio files to a thumb drive.  I have played them back on other devices successfully.  I recorded an additional audio file to the thumb drive and now none of the files on my thumb drive play back and the thumb drive is not recognized by my computer and the thumb drive will not play anything back on any device.  What am I doing wrong?

If you save the files to your machine and then transfer to your pendrive, do you get the same issue. Let's try doing a clean install and delete all the cache of the program. Uninstall your software first, then go to the folder location below on your computer then delete the Soundtap folders:

C:\ProgramData\NCH Software
C:\Users\(Your computer profile)\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Soundtap

If you can't find the AppData folder, set Windows to show hidden files and folders with the steps from this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files.

After deleting the Soundtap folder, restart your computer then install it again from the next link: https://www.nch.com.au/soundtap/index.html