How do I remove the popup menu when you click on timeline

miogpsrocks

Hello. 

When I click on the timeline a menu pops up which has a scissor, set start time to position set end time to position icons. 

During the process of trying to hunt down a position in the timeline,  if you click too quickly, it will end up ruining the entire project by clicking on one of these buttons. 

This popup menu was not present in the older versions of videopad and I have only noticed it in the newer version. 

Can anyone tell me how I can remove this popup menu from showing up? I am constantly ruining the video project by accidentally pressing it. Its almost like popup spam bombarding your screen on a website. 

There must be a way to turn this off?

Thanks. 

When VP is installed, there can be several feature variants - even in the same release.  The pop up appears as a vertical bar in some, a horizontal bar in others - where it is less intrusive.

To switch to that behavior there's no need to download VP again, just reinstall it repeatedly until the bar is horizontal.

If you make a mistake while editing press <ctrl-Z> to backtrack, step-by-step.  Also back up regularly with Save Project AS, giving it a unique # and name so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  Using Save Project (no AS) will overwrite.  The AS choice is available by clicking the chevron to the right of the SAVE PROJECT button on the toolbar and via the File menu.

18 hours ago, borate said:

When VP is installed, there can be several feature variants - even in the same release.

Thank you for the response on mitigating the possibility of deleting the entire project by clicking slightly too fast on that line. 

Do you know if the developers are aware of this issue and if so, are they working on a permanent solution such as an option to turn it off? 

So you are saying that if I uninstall and reinstall from the identical file over and over again, its so called " feature" acts different each time I install? 

Thanks. 

miogpsrocks wrote:  So you are saying that if I uninstall and reinstall from the identical file over and over again, its so called " feature" acts different each time I install? 

Yes, this is a marketing tool alleged to help the company judge what features are most popular.  There may be slight variants, such as the pop-up position, with each install.

You won't lose your work if Save Project AS is used routinely.  When VP is closed it prompts to save, and it generates an emergency back up in case of a crash.

<ctrl-Z> is the same as EDIT | UNDO and can be used to backtrack many steps.