Export Queue Halts at Preparing Export 0.0%

Zane

I'm trying to export an MP4 using VideoPad 8.18, but the Export Queue is stuck at Preparing Export and does not progress passed 0.0%. 

My specs are:
Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 7200 Eight-core processor 3.20 GHz

Installed RAM - 16 GB

64-bit operating system

I've tried exporting this video a few times letting it run for a couple of hours each time, but it never makes any progress. The MP4 file size remains at 164 bytes. Send help.

Is there reverse video in your project?  Try this Videopad version.  But bear in mind...

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If that doesn't help, share your project and someone will check it out.  Just follow the step-by-step instructions for a PORTABLE project...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable, public link - not one that is restricted.

I checked on the export 3 or 4 hours later today and it had finished. I don't know if there was a problem at all, or if there was it would be in tracking progress. I guess it just needed a really long time.

• 9 months later...

Hello Zane,

I've run into a similar issue, so I hope I am able to offer some insight/help on the matter.

I seem to notice that this will happen if I try to export my video before it has finished processing my clips..  I just use the software to make some Montages of a game I play, but very simple edits with no real changes (Aside from the odd increase in the speed of the clip).  There's a yellow bar that goes across each clip, if I attempt to export my video BEFORE this has completed, then I will get the issue mentioned above.

However, if you simply Save the PROJECT, then re-open it, ensuring that all of it has finished processing, then start your export again.

Hope this helps, please let me know if it makes a difference for you as well.