Split screen video tracks shift on rendering

SuzC

Hi there, I need some help with videos with split screens. I have two smaller video tracks on top of a wider one, and they all line up - the outer edges of the two smaller ones with the outer edges of the bottom wider video track. However, when I export to a video file (.mp4), the top boxes move out of alignment. How do I fix this please? I can't use the matrix, as it only seems to have boxes of equal size. 

What version of Videopad is being used?  Try  the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Try using dual previews (OPTIONS | GENERAL tab) or with single preview try the MATCH MONITOR mode to see sequence window placement as it will look on your monitor.

image.png

Export at the monitor's resolution.

If no luck, please share your project and someone here will come up with a fix.

Thanks for your reply. I'm using VideoPad Professional 8.00, which I've only recently downloaded so it should be the latest version. 

When I use Match Monitor, it looks fine. I'll have another go and see what happens, thank you!

The latest (beta) is 8.60. For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi SuzC

You can mix the split screen layouts on the different tracks.  Is this the sort of result you are looking for...Two side by side at the top and one along the width beneath?

aa.jpg

Video Track 1 contains the lower, wider image/clip and is placed in the lower box of a Vertical 2 Split screen

Video Track 2 contains video clip2 which is placed in the top left box of a 4x4 Split screen

Video Track 3 contains video clip 3 which is place in the top right hand  box of a 4 x 4 Split screen

The tracks now look like this...

bb.jpg

You can use the inbuilt split screen Scale and Bias controls to set the images inside each frame.

That should solve your problem

Nat