Lost my Movie

Tutu

I lost my entire almost 2 hour dance movie I was making. I was literally putting the last touches on a 2 week project. It is saying that it is not a valid project file when I try to open it. Please someone help me. It is suppose to stream on Saturday.

Hi

Are you trying to load a .vpj file?  Note this is NOT a playable video file. It is a text file that enables VP to reassemble your work. But it IS a valid project file. It may, however be corrupted in some way. Re obtaining your work might be problematic in this case.

Did you use Save Project As  whilst you were working on it, giving a different name each time?  Do this at least once during editing as it produces a specifically named .vpj file. If you save using this option on each occasion you save your work using an incremental name then you produce several .vpj files, each of which should load back the project when it was at a different stage. If you regularly Saved Project   (no As) then the old save is overwrtten each time and you then only have one file to reproduce your work. If that is corrupted (rare) then it won't load.

If you closed VP normally following the save, and the .vpj produced is faulty (rare) you may have lost your work.:(  VP does save an up to date copy .vpj automatically as you work but this is deleted when VP closes normally. If VP crashed that copy remains in memory and can be reloaded, either manually or usually by being prompted for when VP is restarted.

Check in (user name)/AppData/Roaming/NCH Software/VideoPad/autosave.vpj

Nat