Adding narration to photos

Janet49

I am wanting to add narration to my video. While I can see the record/narrate button etc. I don't know how to put the photos and narration together. I've listened to a few tutorials but can hardly understand them or they talk too quickly.  My sound is at 100%

Is there a written tutorial online where I can read the instructions please.?

Load your project, then click the NARRATION button on the Home menu toolbar.  image.png

To begin to record sound, first navigate using the preview timeline to the place where you would like to begin recording. Once you are happy with the location, click the Record button or press the spacebar and begin recording your audio. To Pause the recording, click the Pause button or press the spacebar.

Once you have finished recording, click the Stop button. Your recorded audio will be automatically added to your sequence in the exact location that you chose to begin recording. If you would like to record sound in various different places in your project, you can repeat the process, or Record and Stop as many times as you like.  Just position the red-lined cursor where you want the audio to appear.

Sound clips can be dragged right or left on the audio track, should they need to be lined up more precisely.

Usually there's no speed change needed for narration. Make a still image long enough to cover what you want to say.  Drag a clip's borders to change the image duration.

Or double-click the clip on the timeline and type in a new time in the box that's under the preview window thumbnails..  .  image.png

The default still image length can be set in OPTIONS | MEDIA tab.

Hi

• Record your narration first. Just speak at a normal pace.
  • Add the recorded audio to the audio track so it is under the slide.
  • Extend the slide as Borate explains until it covers the audio duration.
  • Play over the area to check how it sounds
  • Move to next clip/slide

Nat

Routinely SAVE PROJECT AS, giving it a unique # or name, so as to not overwrite earlier saves.  That way, your project is protected.  To see the AS choice, click the chevron to the right of the SAVE PROJECT icon on the toolbar or click the 3-lined 'hamburger' menu at the top left, then click FILE | SAVE PROJECT FILE AS.

image.png

Don't use SAVE PROJECT FILE (no AS) as this will overwrite the earlier file.

If you make a mistake in the course of editing, press <ctrl-Z> to backtrack, step by step.  (Same as EDIT | UNDO).  To REdo, press <ctrl-Y>  (Same as EDIT | REDO)