General reformat of subtitles

Max DeGroot

Here's another problem I might encounter with subtitles, and I don't know if there is an answer to.

During my adding of subtitles, I often change the left/center/right justification to get the subtitle under the character speaking.

Now, what if I decide I need to change the general format, say change the color of the font, or add a background to the text. If I do that under All Subtitles, it will ALSO change the justification that I spent hours putting in. Otherwise, I have to go through each and every one of the subtitles just to change one thing.

Is there any way to tell it to change just ONE part of the format for all subtitles?

Hi

If you change things using the All subtitles option the changes affect  all the subtitles so all become justified or colored according to the settings in the parameter window.

If you select the entries to change to the new setting whilst pressing the Ctrl key these will highlight and get changed if you use the Selected subtitles option...The un-selected will remain as they were.

.aa.jpg

However selecting several clips and changing just a single value may be a bit more complicated if they have differing values otherwise..

e.g. Select all the ones requiring a color change..change color then select the ones in that group that require different justification...and so on. Can't think of an alternative apart from selecting them individually.

Nat