Very peeved with Videopad

DCS

Hello again,       I have been using VP for a few weeks now and whilst I love the general design and  features I am so fed up with its unreliability.  I have finished my project several weeks ago apart from small amendments to get it perfect    . Each night I go to make the small adjustment and everything keeps moving to new positions on time line.       I emphasise they are small adjustments.        Additionally I keep losing a whole evenings work. I have learned not to close before "saving as" because the program always comes up with "not responding" and a white screen.       This evening I had actually got my project perfect so tried to "save as"   as usual  but would not let me    -   says "cannot save ".    Tried to simply "save project"  -  would not let me.   Finally went for the "close"    -   white screen,   and I have lost the whole evenings work AGAIN. 

It has taken a while to get used to all the features,  but spend more time correcting what was previously ok   instead of enjoying creativity.    So next mission is to try other programs and hope for better results.    A big thank you to those who helped earlier .

Something is definitely awry.  What version of Videopad is being used?

Before adding to the project, close out and restart.  Prior to loading the project click OPTIONS | DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

Confirm that the video driver and Direct-X are up to date...  https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/kb/1772.html

If dragging 'snaps back' or moves clip positions, try holding down <alt> while dragging.  Or lock the tracks that you don't want altered:  right-click in the area to the left of the track and LOCK TRACK.

Also try this version, which will install over the old.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.