Registration key no longer works!!!

Jeff Wright

I'm using version 10.67 of WavePad.  I've received updates in the past and have had no problems with them.  However, recently I tried to open WavePad and I got an error message indicating that my registration code was invalid. I used the same registration code that was assigned to me when I purchased the program last December.  I went to the WavePad website and was very confused with the answers to my problem. One solution was to pay for an "upgrade."  I never asked for an upgrade and I don't want an upgrade. I am perfectly happy with the program I already purchased. Then I saw another message stating that I should re-download the version that I originally downloaded last December, and was then referred to a webpage listing about 500 "older" versions -- none of which would apply to me (or at least I saw nothing!!). So, I left a message with technical support, implying that I might have to wait several days since I don't have a "contract."  Does anyone have a simple answer for my problem? I purchased the program last December and paid $40.00 for it. And now it no longer opens because it doesn't like the registration code given to me when I bought the program. Your help in solving or letting me understand the problem is appreciated.  Thanks, Jeff

(1)  I have already solved the problem.  I received an update from NCH for WavePad, but the update did not indicate that it would require an additional fee at the expiration of the trial period. So I managed to locate the old version, I reinstalled it, and all is well now.  I just wish that NCH didn't release "updates" that are going to require an additional fee.

(2)  Regarding your suggestion to use Google, I didn't know that Google had a sound editing program.  Where did you find that?????