Importing Data to journal from express invoice

Jerad

I recently installed express accounts after using express invoice. How do I import the journal entries to express accounts from express invoice. As of now I have tried the import function but it dose not enter the data to the journal and the balances in the chart of accounts seem wrong to me, as an example, not all of the general sales are showing in the checking account some are showing under accounts receivable even though all invoicses show paid in express invoice. General sales don't match total assets and some are showing under historical balancing any help would be appreciated

How are you trying to import the Journal transactions? Did you manually create a CSV file with the data? Note that Express Invoice does not have Journal section nor Chart of Accounts, so it is impossible to transfer that data to Express Accounts because it does not exist in Express Invoice. If you want to load all the data from Express Invoice, you need to create a backup file https://www.nchsoftware.com/invoice/kb/1140.html and then, restore it on Accounts: https://www.nchsoftware.com/accounting/kb/1138.html

Note that any existing data in Express Accounts will be deleted when the backup is restored.

• 7 months later...

This seems to be problem. The only way I've found to get the the imported express invoice data to work is manually to add the journal data by going in to each and every imported invoice and clicking record and then selecting the Apply Customer's Payment panel and applying the appropriate payment from there.

This will recreate the proper double entries in the journal and enter the funds in the cheque account.

Seems like a really long way round. Is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks