Audio processing

Taleena

I've almost completed my project ready to export and now i'm getting a message saying 'one or more sound clips are still processing' and there's no audio. This has been for over 24 hrs. I've restarted my computer. Cleared the videopad cache. How do I fix this? I can't start this video again it took too long. 

What version is being used?  The latest is here.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Did you stabilize any clips?   Did you allow the project to fully cache, as verified by the completion of the green line above the thumbnails, and loading of the audio clips in the bin (top-left)?   Be sure to Save Project AS, giving it a unique name or #, so as not to overwrite prior saves.  Save Project (no AS) will overwrite. Then you're protected.

If the issue persists the best way to get to the bottom of it is to share.  We'll take a look.   It's easy, takes little time and can be private.  Follow the PORTABLE project instructions here...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

Yes, all clips were loaded fine, playing fine, they just all of a sudden gave the processing error - the whole 27 mins of numerous audio clips. I just updated the version, which hasn't fixed the issue. I'm trying to upload it now to one drive, but the Save PORTABLE Project As is taking a very long time

I'm worried i'm going to lose everything, what else can I do? Videopad is currently frozen whilst trying to save it as per your instructions. 

If VP is frozen while attempting to save the portable project, you can instead upload the folder that contains all your source material, including the VPJ file.  Zip it first if possible.  FILE | SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS should take only seconds.  But uploading to One Drive can take some time.

If you Saved the  Project File at any time while editing or exiting,  nothing should be lost.  Clicking on the saved VPJ file should relaunch it.  The portable project save is essentially the same, but facilitates sharing.

When the upload is complete just COPY the link and post it here or to a private message.