Copy Audio from Video file?

jpcummins

I recently installed the Free WavePad Sound Editor,  I wanted to join two audio files I had which I accomplished without too much trouble.  I have a video which I would like to now copy the audio.  My question is can I copy audio from a video,  with the Free WavePad Sound Editor and if so is there a tutorial or instructions that I can access.  It should be obvious I am new to audio software so please excuse my ignorance.  If another member can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much.  I will appreciate all replies and would thank you in advance.

John

Imagine my embarrassment when I realized the file having the audio I wanted to copy was not a video file but a PowerPoint file.  I am 75 years old and my eyesight is not what it used to be.  Thank you very much for your prompt reply.  Stay Safe!

John

I just finished copying the audio from the PowerPoint file and saving the audio as an .mp3 file.  Piece of cake.  Amazing what one can do when the correct information is input.  I have also, some time ago, taken advantage of the free VideoPad Video Editor.  I have a little experience with Videos, so I was able to accomplish what I wanted with no difficulty.  I am just so thankful to NCH Software for making the free software available to us.  I use the software so seldom I can't justify purchasing it.  One question regarding the forum, are members responsible for deleting their posts?  If so, how do I delete my answered posts?

John