How to remove empty space created after trimming a video?

LegendaryRQA

Already tried unlocking the audio track, and there are no left over clips.

-0-0-

Don't forget to reply with the solution if you find it.

I believe the problem may be the fact that the longest file i have is a 7 minute audio file which i placed first. But i'm not sure.

Hi

aa.jpg

Your Audio track  1 is locked so all content and tracks following the cursor line will be shown  It also prevents any splits to All tracks.

.  If you have no video or other audio clips on any of the tracks in the area following the red cursor line then..

• Unlock the Audio Track
  • Split all the tracks at the cursor line position. All the tracks following the cursor line should then disappear. If you DO have clips beyond the area shown in your image you will now be able to close any gaps.

Nat

7 hours ago, Nationalsolo said:

Your Audio track  1 is locked so all content and tracks following the cursor line will be shown  It also prevents any splits to All tracks.

.  If you have no video or other audio clips on any of the tracks in the area following the red cursor line then..

• Unlock the Audio Track
  • Split all the tracks at the cursor line position. All the tracks following the cursor line should then disappear. If you DO have clips beyond the area shown in your image you will now be able to close any gaps.

Like i said in an earlier post, this is not the issue. If it was that simple i would not be asking here.

The reason all the extra space is there is because the original raw audio file i put there was 6 minutes long, and after trimming it down and closing all gaps there were 4 minutes of completely unused space in the timeline. 

Share it, and a solution will be found.  We need to see the project (not the export) just as you do, fully loaded to the timeline.  Please follow the PORTABLE PROJECT instructions here...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

You need to get a SHAREABLE link, as it's requesting permission.  It won't be seen publicly here.  Be sure that this is the portable project and not the exported result.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, borate said:

You need to get a SHAREABLE link, as it's requesting permission.  It won't be seen publicly here.  Be sure that this is the portable project and not the exported result.  Thanks.

I changed it so anyone with the link can view it

Hi

If he gets the link Borate will no doubt be taking a look.

However....If your image is all you have and no further clips are present to the right then there are no gaps to close and your project is complete. i.e. the cursor line is at the end of the project. (Check it with >I)   It looks longer in fact as Audio Track 1 is hatched its full length. Unlock it and the hatching disappears.This doesn't change the situation...the project is complete. The empty tracks are always visible to the right of the very last clip up to the limit of the scroll bar..

I don't see anything wrong here in fact.

Nat

Agree with Nat;  there's nothing wrong with your project.  Click the double-arrow icon (bottom-right of the VP window) to view the entire project on the timeline. image.png

If you don't want the audio trailing, split it at the end of the video and delete its track content from the split point to the end.

Hi

:) The answer is yes.

It has to be there.   Why do you find it odd that you can see the "unused" area of the tracks to the right of your last clip? 

Remember,  VP doesn't know you have  no more clips to add but must always cater for fresh additions by having an empty track. It will preview what you have up to the end of the final clip and then stop. It will export up to the end of the final clip and then stop.

Even when you open VP for the first time or when you open it for a new project there will be a track and it will be empty for a start. There is no fixed length for this empty work space and the maximum you can see  (at my screen resolution) is around 5min 30 secs when it is empty. In a way consider it as a buffer.....filling up with your project but always extending to take on more.

Nat