Sound Quality/volume in VP

Nationalsolo

Hi all

If I play an mp3 in media player or Irfanview the sound is great. If I play an .avi file in WMP the sound is great but once these files have been imported to VP (the avi or the mp3) the volume suddenly goes down even though the PC volume  control has not been altered and the volume slider in VP is fully at the top..

Nat

Not evident here.  Testing an Mp3, the volume was identical in WMP, MPC-BE and in Videopad.

Right-click the speaker icon in the notification area to access the Volume Mixer.  There should be individual sliders for each app.  Confirm that they are at the same level.

volume.jpg

Hi Borate

Managed to solve this eventually. The Mixer for VP volume didn't appear in the Windows display like yours. so the lower volume in VP for clips/mp3 etc was a bit of a puzzle, particularly as the Audio track volume was set to the right at max. I then realized that there was another slider on the right which was  only set around half way. Still messing with this and the loudspeaker icon when the Windows mixer suddenly showed up with the VP mixer now included. I now realize that one is the Track volume and the other is overall volume, (I think) Now clicking the Windows loudspeaker icon to open the mixer only shows one control!  The other three have disappeared. 😃

Thanks for the hint.  I'll have to play a bit more.

Nat

Hi B

:)       What do you make of the small loudspeaker button to the right of that volume bar? The popup says "Volume" ..

xx.jpg

Right or left clicking on this doesn't seem to do anything that I can see, but then I am probably missing something as usual. :unsure:

Nat

That's Videopad's PC volume control, as opposed to the sliders that change the volume on the tracks.

The icons themselves aren't active, just indicative of what the slider does: little speaker at the left = softer, big speaker at the right = louder.

The ||| to the right of the big speaker will open Windows sound settings.

Hi B

Yes, I've already gathered that, (after all this time :rolleyes: ) but then I've only just realized that the Windows mixer also shows extra volume sliders for VP , VCL , Mozilla and any other audio program that happens to be open. That's what happens when you wear earphones plugged into speakers that have their own volume control!

Nat