DVD movie disc pictures are very grainy

I have the Pro version 7.23 of Photostage, and the slideshows created in a  DVD movie disc format are very poor in quality.  The pictures are very grainy and the slideshow is not presentable.  I have created an MP4 file that has much better quality, but I need to be able to create a DVD movie disc that could be played in a DVD player.  Some older DVD players cannot play an MP4 file.  I have tried using support to find out why this is, but they haven't really been able to give me any answers as to how to resolve this.  I am just curious if others have experienced the same issue. 

I will say that I have used version 5.10 of Photostage to produce high quality DVD slideshows in the past, but that was when I was using Windows 7 as my operating system.  I am now using Windows 10 with the latest version of Photostage and now have this issue of poor quality DVDs.  Seems to me like there is a technical issue with the software, but I don't seem to be able to get any answers.

Do you get the problem with all the discs you burn? If you play the burnt DVD on your computer, do you still get the problem? What is the resolution of the screen you are using to watch the DVD? Remember that DVD's have an intrinsic resolution of 720×480 pixels (NTSC) and 720×540 pixels (PAL). Those pixels are either displayed in a 4:3 (standard) aspect ratio or a 16:9 (widescreen) aspect ratio. This is typically called 480p video. As you can see, 480p is a whole lot less than 1080p, so if you are using a high resolution screen, it may not look as good as you want. You may test your old version (5.10) and confirm if the issue persists: http://www.oldversiondownload.com/oldversions/photostage-5-10-2018-06-26.exe

• 1 month later...

So are you saying you can only watch the slide show on a computer?  I purchased a new DVD player because I thought the old one was out dated (slide shows are grainy).  I have tried saving PhotoStage slide shows in every format, on both DVD and flash drive.  No luck.  The results are very poor quality.

I'm not saying that. I was just asking if the problem persists when you play it back on the computer. Also, I asked for your screen resolution. As I explain before, DVDs may not look very good in high resolution screens. Instead, (if you have the right equipment) I would recommend you to burn it as Blu-ray which allows higher resolution.

• 3 months later...

I am having the same issues when it comes to viewing dvd burn output on my smart tv screen.. Most of my photos on the slide show are grainy and NOT detailed. This is very annoying and not what I expected after just having used the software for the very first time. What are your suggestions?