Text in HD export of SD videos

Ferro

When exporting videos originally in PAL SD format to HD 720, VideoPad does this perfectly on the part of the original video in letterbox mode. The video itself is  exactly 960 x 720 pixels with black stripes on both sides. But when I add left or right aligned text, VideoPad moves the text so that the text is partially on the black stripe(s). Is there a way to avoid this? I could of course move the text fields to the right or left, but I also want to export the video in SD mode for viewing in PC.

What Videopad version?

Upload a portable project sample - not the export - and someone will check this out for you.  It's easy, takes but minutes and can be private.  Just follow the steps here...

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT.  On the server, don't forget to copy a shared (public) link to paste into your post or PM.

Hi again, borate

The solution you proposed certainly works if one can afford cropping the video. But this would not be nice e.g. in the case of cutting heads off. I found a workaround myself.

VideoPro has the nice property that you can hide tracks during editing and export. So, I double the left or right aligned text clips on separate tracks, and hide the non-wanted ones during the export. I found out that when I move the text four squares to the right or left, it is OK in the exported HD file.

For your information I send you the link to the new portable project file and an export in HD.

https://we.tl/t-Y03MihdOuT

• borate changed the title to Text in HD export of SD videos