Pan effect not available for mono clips

phil_the

I am creating a music video combining separate recordings from each band member who are all isolated in separate locations.

I wanted to place the instruments in different places in the stereo mix, but the pan effect is not available for a couple of the clips.

I think this may be because these may have been recorded in mono.

Can I convert the audio for these into stereo? or is there another way around this problem?

-0-

Just found the pan control on the sequence timeline view, so don't actually need the pan effect on the clip.

Would still be interesting to know if there is a simple way of converting a video clip from mono to stereo within Videopad.

Thanks
Phil

If content is a single A/V clip with audio heard only on the left channel here's one approach to converting it to two-channel mono (centered).

Install Wavepad.

Right-click on the clip's audio track in Videopad and click on EDIT WITH WAVEPAD.

At the bottom of the WP window click on "STEREO."

Click the chevron and from the drop-down box choose MONO | CONVERT.

Click the red X at the upper-right to close WP and OK the prompts that follow.

The audio will be replaced in Videopad with center-channel mono, equal volume left and right.

Thanks,

In this case the mono audio seems to be coming through both sides, and can be adjusted using the pan controls in the sequence.

I do have some old video clips where the sound was only in one channel, so this tip may be useful if I ever need to use those in the future.

Thanks
Phil