Moving VP between devices

buddy55555

So I'm going away for a few months and I would still like to edit videos to keep myself occupied. I bought Video pad ab a year back but I don't know what my activation code. I have it on my computer but I would like to move it to my laptop. so a few questions I have are...

1. can I even move Video pad device to device?

2. If so, could I move it back to my pc in a few months?

3. Is there a way I can retrieve my code?

I have the launcher on my laptop already, I copied the file from my PC, but it keeps showing the unlicensed version.

Thanks for the help!

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.  From the Videopad FAQ...

If the license is named as an "Installation License" the main restriction is you need to purchase one license serial number for each computer that the program runs on.

Can I move the software or reinstall the software in future?

Within reason - yes. As long as the software does not continue to run on the old computer you can install the software on a new computer. As a piracy control measure we do limit the number of installations to 2 times in any 12 month period.  For your lost code:  https://www.nch.com.au/support/reg.html

This version might make it under the six-month wire, but you will just have to try your license key after install.

Or, because the free period after licensing has expired, you may be able to register only the version that was purchased.

Click the 'hamburger' menu at the top-left (or, perhaps, FILE), then the Register item an give it a try.