Video transfer from camera

macmike

Is there any way to use VideoPad for Video Creation? I want to input a camera, my iPhone 10, Using NDI and record for videos. I have been all over the menus if it is there I have missed how.

Dr. Mike Hughes, Minister

Springhill church of Christ

Hi

Not sure how you would connect your camera to your PC but VP does have a Record Video option under the  Red Circle Record Tab on the toolbar. Clicking this and selecting Record Video opens an interface to a camera..

aa.jpg

Set up the file name and the destination folder and clicking the red button starts the recording. Clicking the white square stops the recording and automatically the result is processed and transferred to clip bin in VP  from where it can be dropped onto the tmeline for editing.This works OK with a USB webcam

bb.jpg

Nat

I am running a Mac. What I was hoping was being able to bring my iPhone video/audio through either NDI or USB into the program. I wanted to use OBS studio but all it wants to do is live stream. I am trying to make Bible Study content for YouTube. On OBS the record settings are all grayed out can't adjust. Tried reinstalling it. Sunday will be here before I know so was trying to come up with another alternative. 

Tried the Record button. Tells me no video capture devices detected. So apparently I have to buy a capture unit to plug into USB. Was hoping could use NDI or could use the OBS camera plugin. Any plugins available for VideoPad.

Hi

I can only quote from what I did which worked. I simply plugged in mywebcam with its USB plug. Opened VP and went to Record Video. Selected the camera in the drop down menu (I had three listed but you may only see one) This opened the camera output in the window on the left from where it could be recorded by clicking the red button below.

Having said that I tried doing the same with my normal Video camera. However this only configures itself to upload what it has shot to the PC and VP comes up with the message you got. :(

Nat

8 hours ago, macmike said:

Tried the Record button. Tells me no video capture devices detected. So apparently I have to buy a capture unit to plug into USB. Was hoping could use NDI or could use the OBS camera plugin. Any plugins available for VideoPad.

You could use a simple USB webcam in VideoPad or Debut. For realtime recording and applying basic effects (text caption, current time, brightness/contrast/gamma, watermark), and video resizing then Debut is the better opton. For non-realtime recording you could just Airdrop your iPhone video to your Mac then do the edits in VideoPad