Steam Bug

Tristan Dahl

Hi

The other day I launched VideoPad (Which I've purchased through Steam) on my Desktop Computer and noticed that it had reverted itself to version 4.58

I brushed it off and tried on my Laptop (off the same Steam account) and it had done the same thing.

Is this a bug? I'm finding it difficult to use this software in a version thats missing most of the features I use.

Please help! My work revolves around this software and it would be a mission to acquire a new one now...

Thanks

32 minutes ago, borate said:

Judging by "release date 2016" on the Steam page, they are vending a very old version.  Perhaps you can get a refund, then go here to purchase or install a trial version that has reduced functionality..

My problem is that I have paid for the Steam version and the version that it was on was mostly up to date.

Its now reverted to an even OLDER version than the 2016 one.

I'd be happy to purchase the software again assuming I get my initial refund but then that begs the problem of the exchange rate emptying my bank account with the dollar conversion

Hi

VP 4.58 is from 2016 (I archived this version to my HD on 16/12/2016) 

It would seem you have actually downloaded a really old version. (The current version in 8.23)  However, do you still have a vpsetup.exe file from your first (apparently satisfactory - even if old) version and if so did you obtain a license number (code) for it, or did it install from the site without an exe being downloaded?  If you still have the vpsetup.exe file then you can re-run it over what you have and get back to your original version.If you uninstall everything first you will need the code to run it again. It's something you will have to take up with Steam I think. The website makes no mention of the version number apart the fact it's meant to be the Masters Edition from a release date of 2016.  The supplied example clips seem to show the professional version 6.01.

Nat

8 minutes ago, Nationalsolo said:

Hi

VP 4.58 is from 2016 (I archived this version to my HD on 16/12/2016) 

It would seem you have actually downloaded a really old version. (The current version in 8.23)  However, do you still have a vpsetup.exe file from your first (apparently satisfactory - even if old) version and if so did you obtain a license number (code) for it, or did it install from the site without an exe being downloaded?  If you still have the vpsetup.exe file then you can re-run it over what you have and get back to your original version.If you uninstall everything first you will need the code to run it again. It's something you will have to take up with Steam I think.

Nat

Thanks for your input Nat!

I'm not certain what version I was on on Steam

I know that it was newer than 4.58 since so many features are absent!

I'll take it up with steam and see if they are able to help me at all

Thank you!