Can't Export To MP4

Ryan_Lashlee

Hi! How are you doing?

Whenver I try to export my video (1 hour and a couple minutes), on YouTube or to my MP4, it does not work. I have the free edition and I was able to move 2 of my video's to MP4, just not this one. Is there a way I can do this now just one more time? I need to use this to put just one more video onto YouTube. 

If you can help, thanks

Best Regards,

Ryan Lashlee

It's not entirely clear what you are attempting.

Are you using the non-paid version, and now cannot export an Mp4?   If so, try AVI.  If that fails, reinstall the program from here.

Better still, license Videopad.

If instead you can't upload directly to YouTube, export in one of their approved formats and use their uploader to locate the file on your PC and post it..

Install the latest and try again.  There's no logical reason for those limitations.  What is the resolution of most source clips?  How long is the project.

For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

For both Ryan and Boon, if still no joy, share your project and someone will take a look.  It's not difficult, takes but a few minutes and can be private.  Just closely follow the steps listed here...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.
Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to share it.

Thanks for the reply borate

I have the latest version according to the updates available.  Is there a size limit?  The video im working on is for my sports team so includes the full length match plus pre and post game footage. Total length is approx 2hrs and file size at mp4 high quality is approx 8gb

While there is no stated limit, IMO there's a practical limit with lengthy projects that utilize very high-def files.  Echoing the linked instructions above, please do this with the completed project on the timeline...

Click the 'hamburger' 3-lined menu at the top-left of the VP window and click FILE.  In the drop-down that appears click SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.  Not Save Project, but PORTABLE project.

Once the numbered folder is saved to the PC (likely to the DOWNLOADS folder), right-click on it and click PROPERTIES.  What is the file size shown?

An example...    properties.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hi borate

Apologies its taken me a while to get back on here.  In the Export video the estimated file size 8.93GB when MP4 is selected, is this to large?

If i create a portable project the folder size is 25.8GB

As you have gathered i am a complete amateur at this ........

Estimated file sizes are often a wild guess.  What version of VP is being used?

Your PM link points to 43 files, but no VPJ.  Post a link to it separately.  It should be in the portable project folder if the project was saved.

25GB is too big to upload to a free server.  Most have 15GB or lower limits.  If you can isolate a small portion of the project - say 2-3 GB - that has the issue, we can test that.

SAVE PROJECT AS, and give it a unique # or name, to avoid overwriting older saves.  Delete everything on the timeline but for the test section.

Then click the 'hamburger' menu at the top-left, click FILE, click SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS.

Note the above post, and check Properties of the portable project folder to see if its size will fit the server free space

If it's a go, upload the resulting folder. Share it (make it public), copy the shared link and paste it into a post here.

No mention of your PC's specs, but a project of that scope and length likely mandates hi-end hardware.  And is this a licensed VP version?

Export here at default file size 1080 MOV format went without a hitch.

So your efforts don't go unrewarded, for a short while the 13.6GB result is available here.  Ignore the virus scan warnings, just click DOWNLOAD.

Be patient.   https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z2lOC6Zsjyp1yL-YTAlvZnqlFsJ6w1Dz

Please check back in when the download is complete.