Waiting for stream to start.

gears4steam

In attempt to fix this issue, please try the steps below:

Uninstall DeskFX, then delete 3 folders named "DeskFX" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\DeskFX\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\DeskFX\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\DeskFX\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue. 

After that, restart your computer and reinstall the program using this link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/deskfx/deskfxsetup.exe

Once done, restart your system one more time and try again.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's how I fixed mine.

In DeskFX top menu, I click on File. Then in File menu, I clicked on Options. I was then presented an Options window to select which audio output devices will use DeskFX.  The options listed my 2 output devices: Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio.  

You can select multiple by checking on the check box. I selected HDMI. My default Audio output at this time is the HDMI. After selecting, I closed the Options window and went back to the main window.  I then restarted my computer.

After restarting, I went back to DeskFX and clicked on the power icon to turn on the effect. It still didn't work. I went back to the Options window and was surprised the HDMI box was unchecked.  I checked it again and went back to main window but still didn't work. Went back to the Options window and HDMI box was again unchecked. I began to suspect that you cannot select your current default Audio output after installation. 

I opened Windows Settings and opened Sound. I then selected RealTek as my Sound output device. Then I went back to DeskFX Options window and selected HDMI. I closed the Options window and then reopened it to check if the HDMI was still checked. It's still checked. I went back to Windows Sound settings to select HDMI as my Sound output device then I went back to DeskFX and it worked.

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded and installed DeskFX twice.  My PC runs Win7 Professional.  I have selected all 3 device options but none of them have audio modified by DeskFX.  There is no audio indications on the DeskFX level bar, and it doesn't matter whether I am playing a local audio file or something via browser.   The suggestions above did not help. 

I will leave it installed for a while, pending any help from NCH or other users as there is nothing else I can do.  Thanks to anyone out there who can help ...

Actually, I have decided to uninstall it since the forum seems pretty sparse here and it looks like it might be a long time waiting.  Unfortunately DeskFX would not uninstall politely so it seemed best to use System Restore to clear the registry as much as possible to return my PC to previous condition.  No further help is needed.

• 3 months later...

Hi folks, I had the same problem.  I tried Luckyboys method and checked the File > Options and ticked the inputs I use.  It worked.

I think the options somehow deselect when your changing inputs from headphones and speakers etc.  But all systems are unique

and this may not work on all systems.

Regards,

Rich

• 1 month later...

Hello. May I join in. I have similar problem with DeskFx Audio Effects. Switched on power. Selected my device. It kept showing Waiting for streaming. I was lost figuring out how to connect it to YouTube music. Other apps would automatically display the current audio channels. Tried to uninstall but it remained installed. Hopefully I might get solution from tech savvy guys out there. I'm somehow relieved knowing I am not the only one with this issue. Thank you for sharing. 

• 8 months later...

Go to Sound Settings, select Sound Control Panel, select <playback>, double click <speakers>. Select <Enhancements> and untick [Dissable all Enhancements]. Your stream should start. ;0)

• 7 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 10:12 PM, elk said:

In attempt to fix this issue, please try the steps below:

Uninstall DeskFX, then delete 3 folders named "DeskFX" and 1 named "Components" from these locations:
**C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\DeskFX\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\DeskFX\
**C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components
**C:\ProgramData\NCH Software\DeskFX\
**If you can't find any of the folders, just continue. 

After that, restart your computer and reinstall the program using this link: https://www.nchsoftware.com/deskfx/deskfxsetup.exe

Once done, restart your system one more time and try again.

Thank you so much! This helped me. At first I didn't find the folders but the link solved my problem! 

• 4 months later...

Would this issue happen with all the streams you listen, or would this happen with only one particular?   Could you test opening the stream using a different media player or web browser? 

If the issues remain, you may want to contact the NCH Software support team. 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello! I've found a working method that I experienced myself!

First off follow the instructions because this is how I did it myself.

1. Go to " Control panel "

2. Click on " Uninstall a program "

3. Search for " DeskFX "

4. Right click DeskFX & click on " Uninstall/Change "

5.  Make sure that in this step that you have DeskFX Power Button ON and your Speaker / Headphones or whatever is Checked in the Options panel on DeskFX.

6. Now you will go to Control Panel and click on "Delete a program" in the many choices of applications in the Control Panel.

7. Search in one of the many apps for " DeskFX " and right click the program and press " Delete/Change "You will be prompt by a configuration window that will say either, Delete, Repair or 3rd option. Press " REPAIR ".

8. Now when you have done these simple steps you are good to go!

Happy playing!

6 minutes ago, God said:

Hello! I've found a working method that I experienced myself!

First off follow the instructions because this is how I did it myself.

1. Go to " Control panel "

2. Click on " Uninstall a program "

3. Search for " DeskFX "

4. Right click DeskFX & click on " Uninstall/Change "

5.  Make sure that in this step that you have DeskFX Power Button ON and your Speaker / Headphones or whatever is Checked in the Options panel on DeskFX.

6. Now you will go to Control Panel and click on "Delete a program" in the many choices of applications in the Control Panel.

7. Search in one of the many apps for " DeskFX " and right click the program and press " Delete/Change "You will be prompt by a configuration window that will say either, Delete, Repair or 3rd option. Press " REPAIR ".

8. Now when you have done these simple steps you are good to go!

Happy playing!

We appreciate this work around. NCH Software is always interested in improving our existing programs and developing new programs. If you have an idea you'd like to share with us, please submit your suggestion here: https://www.nch.com.au/suggestions/