Where to after VideoPad?

absoluteDann

I wanted to reach out to the VideoPad community for some advice.  I hope this is not inappropriate to discuss here.

I've been using VideoPad to build my 'feature' project, then have been using DVDstyler to create custom menus to match the projects.  I wondered if anyone was using other DVD authoring software that they could recommend, and also if anyone has recommendations for similar software for moving larger projects to Blu Ray (or at least getting some experience in doing so.)

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing about your experiences or suggestions.

Hi

I have used quite a few different ones and there are many out there. Some pretend to be free but aren't others are free but come with limitations.Others work OK but punctuate each project on the disc with free adverts for the software. With  NCH Express Burn you know where you are..either try and buy or use it for private projects in a cut down state. It works well though; is quite easy and reasonably intuitive to use.   In many ways it is similar to the DVD authoring package that came with Windows Movie Maker which could be run independently to Movie make and which I find very good but menus are not unlimited and movie formats tend to be limited. 

VideoPad also comes with a DVD authoring section that (for obvious reasons) is very similar to Express Burn but IMHO it's not as good.  DVD Styler  however is really good but needs quite a bit of pre-setting up as no doubt you have found but menus can be good (as least as good you want them to be)  as is the freedom to create text and place it where you wish for the menu previews. DVD Flick is another.

It's horses for courses in many ways and a lot depends on what you want....ease of use or the ability to control every aspect of the creation. (PS -I don't represent NCH in any way..Just a user of their range of software.)

Nat

Thanks for the advice guys.  I've had great success with DVDstyler, and am very proud of some of the projects I've made using it and VideoPad in conjunction.  I've even read tutorials about add-ons to use DVDstyler to create Blu Ray discs, but they seem a little advanced for me.  I might see what I can do with Express Burn as I search for other options.