Problem with russian language in TextClip

Alexander2020

When I try to edit TextClip with russian text, for example, "Проверка" the text in workspace transforms into "Пu1088 оu1074 еu1088 кu1072" and there is no way to turn it back 😞 How can I edit russian text in TextClip?!

1. Created TextClip with russian text. All correct

https://ibb.co/ykmvKp7

2. I'm trying to change TextClip. 

https://ibb.co/0yF5r0H

3. And russian text transforms automatically into this and no way to return it back

https://ibb.co/QYCwm4Y

Hi

Try typing English into Google Translate with Russian output..........

aa.jpg

and then Copy/Paste the Russian into the VP Text editor......

bb.jpg.

Your word .....

Проверка   

comes up with no problems done this way and like any text image can be positioned..

ccc.jpg

Very basic editing of word positions can be made but changing actual characters may be more difficult if you don't know the code or how to apply it.

Nat.

image.png

Hi Alexander

If you Copy/Paste from the Google Translate page then you can edit the position of the words that you have copied to  the editor....i.e. their order.    Changing the letters may be problematic as you have to be using the correct font or know the codes for the characters you wish to use.  For example in french  ê  is obtained with Alt + 0234     (I don't have a Cyrillic font so cant test those characters.)  My only thought is that if it's not right, you simply repeat the line of text using the Translate page again. You can, of course insert (copy) more words or phrases to the editor text and then edit the length of the line within the editor.

If you open the character table for the Russian font you are using and press a particular letter in the matrix you will see the code to use. If you use this in the text editor it may give you the character you want.

Best of luck

Nat

I just want to change font background, for example ))) I don't want to change text that was set before from goole trans or notepad or smth else. I just point cursor on Videopad's text editor and text in workspace transforms into irrelevant set of symbols. And I have to paste and format text once more.

Not seeing what is believed to be what you describe - in v8.12.

Pasted in a Russian word from BING translate, then in Videopad changed background, shadow and outline color.  Text stayed the same.

Even replaced a letter of text itself, and the rest was unaltered.

On 3/9/2020 at 2:49 AM, borate said:

Not seeing what is believed to be what you describe - in v8.12.

Pasted in a Russian word from BING translate, then in Videopad changed background, shadow and outline color.  Text stayed the same.

Even replaced a letter of text itself, and the rest was unaltered.

I installed and payed v.8.12.

Did you see my links posted above?

Ok, Today I try to do experiment with another hardware and OS.

And I try to describe my problem again. There is no issues with printing or inserting text in Videopad's text editor for the first time. I can do it. And russian text is Ok. Then I do somthing else and after a while I go back  to the Videopad's text editor to change fontsize in this TextClip. When I click on Videopad's text editor field the russian text turn into rubbish.

Can't replicate that here in v8.12 with repeated tests using text pasted from BING translator.  Even when the font itself was changed, there was no 'rubbish.'

Test this beta version. For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Hi Alexander

"...... There is no issues with printing or inserting text in Videopad's text editor for the first time. I can do it. And russian text is Ok. Then I do somthing else and after a while I go back  to the Videopad's text editor to change fontsize in this TextClip. When I click on Videopad's text editor field the russian text turn into rubbish. ...."

That doesn't happen here. (with VP 8.10)  You can paste the Russian text from Google Translate into the editor and adjust edit the words; move etc. After working on more of the project you can open the text editor again (by selecting the text image from the clip bin) ; highlight the text and change font size. The text opens in the editor exactly as before and the text properties can be changed.

Here the text does not revert to the character codes when the editor re-opens.

Nat

Alexander, the web site you use (ibb.co) is trying to insert some adware scripts, which are automatically blocked by the antivirus program as malware script content (object https://cdn.siteswitchcontent.com/js/push/subscribe.js?v=1.1.0). You may use other web site, for example Google drive. Try to install antivirus software on your computer, for example Kaspersky Free.

Regarding the Russian cyrillic issue - there is no problem to use cyrillic text however not all the fonts suppport cyrillic text. You may use Arial, Calibri, Times New Roman, etc with cyrillic text, however for example, my favorite font Lucida Calligraphy has no cyrillic support. Latest Videopad versions also have reduced some available previously fonts and font Lucida Calligraphy is not available anymore. Please use Videopad available fonts with cyrillic support.